DIRECTIONS TO CAMPUS:
-Take I95 south toward College Park.
-Exit at I495 toward Silver Spring/Northern Virginia.
-Immediately after the I95/I495 split, take the left exit for US 1, College Park (stay on left hand side at split).
-Follow the directions below for the Capital Beltway.
-Take Exit 25B for US 1 South, Baltimore Avenue, College Park.
-Proceed approximately 2 miles south on US 1.
-You will pass a McDonald's on your left. Approximately 1/4 mile past the McDonald's, turn right onto Campus Drive.
- Proceed north on US 1 past route 410.
- In approximately 1 1/2 miles, you will pass the traffic light for Rossborough Lane. Take a left at the next light onto Campus Drive.
DIRECTIONS ON CAMPUS TO 1202 MARTIN HALL:
- Proceed north on the Baltimore/Washington Parkway and exit at route 410.
- Take a left at the light at the bottom of the ramp heading west toward Hyattsville.
- After about 3/4 mile, turn right onto route 201 north (Kenilworth Avenue).
- At the second light (1/2 mile), take a left onto River Road (if you miss this turn, take a left at the next light onto Paint Branch Parkway).
- In approximately 1 mile, you will pass the College Park Metro Station on your left. Take a left at the light onto Paint Branch Parkway.
- After approximately 1 mile, proceed straight through the intersection at US 1 onto Campus Drive.
- After going through the campus gates, take an immediate right onto Paint Branch Drive. Martin Hall will be on your left as you turn.
- Take the next right into Lot G2 and park either there or in adjoining Lots 11a or G1; these lots are free even during football games.*
- If you park anywhere else, make sure that you READ THE SIGNS for the parking lot to make sure it is okay to park there without a permit after hours. Be forewarned that since there is a football game at 6 PM, almost all of the other lots will charge $5 to park.
- Martin Hall (the Engineering Building) is at the northwest corner of Campus Drive and Paint Branch Drive. Enter Martin Hall through the leftmost entrance on the side facing Campus Drive, and room 1202 will be straight ahead.
*Special Note: If Lots G2/11a are full, you can also park at the College Park Metro Station in the commuter lot for free and take the UM shuttle over to campus for free. Shuttles run every 20 minutes normally, and every 8 minutes starting 3 hours before football games. Instead of taking a right onto Campus Drive from Route 1, take a left onto Paint Branch Parkway and follow the signs.
Online Campus Map (NE Quad):
METRORAIL from Washington, D.C.:
- Take the Red Line train (toward Glenmont); transfer at the Fort Totten station to the Green Line train (toward Greenbelt); get off at the College Park/U of MD station.
- Or take the Green Line train (toward Greenbelt); get off at the College Park/U of MD station.
- The university's Shuttle-UM buses pick up university-bound passengers on the EAST side of the station and is open to the public.
- Get off the Shuttle-UM right after you cross US 1 (first stop). Martin Hall will be on your right side.